Thursday, January 1, 2009

HAPPY 2009!!



I hope everyone had a wonderful New Year's Eve, be it at home or out with friends! This year I chose to stay home, and I got to participate in the
New Year's Eve party over at SplitcoastStampers!
OMG it was so FUN! I have never done anything over there except gawk at all the beautiful artwork that everyone does, but lastnight I stayed the entire 11 hours...LOL! Every hour they had a different challenge, lots of great prizes and TONS of fun chat! If you ever get a chance to participate in one of their VSN's ( Virtual Stamping Night), I suggest it highly!! They have one each month..and one for ScrapBooker's, too!!


OK enough of that...you got it, I enjoyed it...hehehe!
The first challenge was to make a friendship card with some kind of FOOD on it...I don't have alot of food stamps, so I went with the good old Cupcake stand-by. Since Purple is one of my favorite colors, I went right to it. It was fun digging thru the PP stash and actually USING some of it for a change.
The second card I have posted was the 9th Challenge. It was Happy New x2. I dug out a stamp set I have yet to ink up, ( actually, 2 different sets) used 3 CS Colors, and 2 different and NEW DP ( I just picked those up Tuesday night at Hobby Lobby) , 2 ribbons ( and they ARE straight IRL...LOL) and 2 die cuts. I thought this might be cute for a non-traditional Valentine. Whatcha think?
I have a few others I made lastnight to show ya, and a couple that I started lastnight to finish, too. Hopefully, I will be back later. Have a WONDERFUL January 1, 2009! WOW it feels strange to type 2009...hehehe!
Stamping Hugs,
Julie

1 comment:

Barb said...

Oh, these are darling Julie, love that giraffe. Glad you had a fun New Year.