Saturday, April 25, 2009

A Couple of Anyas



Happy Saturday!! Not a real productive day here, creativity wise at least, but I did get a couple of cute Anyas colored and made into cards. The first one is Princess Anya...isn't she cute? I colored her with watercolor crayons ( I wish I could get the effect with markers, but I just can't get the hang of it!) . I cut her out and mounted her onto a sheet of PP from the DCWV Blossoms & Butterflies Stack. YUP that is ONE layer!! I added some little gems to the flower centers, and on her crown, along with glitter on the crown and wand. I didn't add the sentiment, as I am not sure if I want her for a birthday, congrats, or maybe a thinking of you card. Guess I will decide when the time comes.
This next card is Teacher Anya. She is a little cutie-patootie, too, and I love her big red apple! Again, I colored her with Watercolor Crayons and my AquaBrush. I LOVE to do Anya's hair... you can really create some neat shading! I started with a turquoise base card, added a black layer that I used my Fiskars Border Punch on, then the PP, which is MME Magnolia, also punched. Layered it all together and mounted Anya on a die that a friend had sent me and did the sentiment in white ( kinda like a blackboard) and embossed it. Added the black brads to finish it off....Sorry this one is scanned....it was evening when I finished it. I will try to get a good pic in the daylight tomorrow!
I hope everyone has a Beautiful Sunday! I will see you tomorrow....Thanks so much for stopping by!
Rubber Hugs,
Julie

4 comments:

Sally said...

These are adorable. You were much more productive than me.

Cindy van Oorschot said...

Great cards Julie, very well done.
Cindy

Debbie said...

Hi Julie, Thank you for linking up with the Crafty Pad blog candy - good luck in the draw. :)

xxDebbie The Crafty Pad

Barb said...

These are just so darling, I love your little princess.