Wednesday, September 9, 2009

C & S Sympathy


Happy Hump Day! Yup, I am home again today...this time with an infection in my leg! I am getting sick and tired of being sick, lemme tell ya! Doc told me to take the rest of the week off, but I am only taking today...I gotta make the money to buy the goodies, right?
I needed a quickie Sympathy card, yet wanted it to be feminine. I used SU Thoughts and Prayers set. Colored it with markers and stamped it on plain white cardstock. Matted that on Old Olive and added the rhinestones. VERY quick card that, in my opinion turned out pretty. Did the same on one corner of the envelope, and was done. Sympathy cards are so difficult to make~but this SU set is just so perfect, and makes it much easier.
I can't move too much, as my leg is wrapped and elevated, and I am taking Vicodin for the pain. I have been coloring some images that need to be made into cards, so I will hopefully have something else here in the near future. Thank you all for stopping by and have a great Day!
Rubber Hugs,
Julie

6 comments:

the Purple One said...

I love it Julie!! I am going to CASE!!
Sorry your leg is bad...
K

Sally said...

Julie
Love your card. If I had that image I would "borrow" your idea as sympathy cards are always hard for me to make. You take care of your leg. You don't want to end up in bed for a long time so you should do what the doctor says. Besides he just gave you a ticket to craft without feeling guilty! LOL

Nicki said...

Love your card Julie, it's perfect for such a sad occasion, I love the simplicity of your design. Nicki, xx

Chook said...

I really like that stamp set. Card looks lovely and I like the envelope too.

Heather P. said...

Such a gorgeous card! So sorry to hear about your infection, I hope it heals quickly and you get back to feeling better! :)

Lesley Edmonds said...

This is really beautiful Julie. Hope you're feeling better.
Lesley x