Sunday, January 3, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR!


I hope you all had a WONDERFUL New Year's Eve! I just stayed home and stayed safe....went to dinner and that was about it...LOL!
I apologize for no creativity over the past month! I thought I would get TONS accomplished over Christmas Vaca from school, but OY was I wrong! I had a bit of a spill off a chair FLAT on my tailbone, and haven't done much of anything since! Making Christmas dinner was VERY interesting, to say the least! I know this sounds bad, but if it weren't for Darvocet, I would NEVER have made it thru the past couple of weeks. I dunno what it will be like tomorrow when I go back to work, but it will be a challenge, I am SURE!
ANYHOW.... This card was made a couple nights ago. My dear friend, Cindy, in an effort to get me creating, put out a challenge to me....pick a challenge off Daily Dare, and DO IT! She did it too...check out her blog! I chose the sketch at Papertake Weekly. I used a new stamp from All That Scraps named Sweet Nikki. She is colored with Prisma Watercolor Pencils, and then lightly blended with an AquaBrush. I used PP from my Basic Grey Lemonade Pack. I just love this paper, and have been hoarding it...hehehehe. Finished her off with a SU sentiment and some pink bling. It felt great to make something....
I hope you all have a WONDERFUL week...I hope to see you again SOON! Thanks for stopping by!
Rubber Hugs,
Julie

4 comments:

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Julie sweetie...
I am so sorry to hear about your spill. What a way to start off the holidays into the New Year.

This is just beautiful. Love the little girls face, and you did an awesome job on the coloring. That little punch of bling is just the icing on the cake. I love it.

Thanks for sharing today. So glad you were able to challenge yourself a little. Please take care, and I will be saying an extra prayer for a fast recovery.

Country hugs sweetie...Sherry

Stampin Mindy said...

This is so cute, love the colors and papers! HUGS!

Anne said...

Cute card, Julie, the bright cheery colours are great, just what's needed in these dark grey winter months. Hope the new year is treating you well and you've recovered from your wee injury.
Hugs,
Anne SBS26

HazelQ said...

Gorgeous card Julie, I really like the sketch and how you colored that beautiful girl :)
Happy new year! A bit late but.. better late than never lol
Hugs
Hazel